Pump Sentry is a device that’s supposed to protect your home and family from the dangers of a broken pumper. It monitors water pressure and shut off the main valve if it falls below a certain level. If you can’t afford to install an expensive backup system or don’t want to bother with one, a pump sentry alternative might be for you!
But before we get too excited about Pump Sentry, let’s look at what it has going for it and what could make people consider other alternatives. We’ll also explore whether or not any disadvantages come with using this product.
It’s not the end of the world if your pump breaks, but it can be frustrating and time-consuming to find an alternative. We’ve found some great products that will help you pump without having to buy another expensive pump. Check out these other options for pump sentry at home or on the go. These ten alternatives might just save you from a broken pump!! You’ll never have to worry about finding something else again.
Best for everyone: WAYNE BGSP50 Guardian Premium WiFi Connected Total Basement Protection System
Best for built-in charger : Raybend Primary Sump Pump Backup Power System
Best for power capacity: Tripp Lite Power Inverter/Charger w/ Auto Transfer Switching
Best for durable: Zoeller 508-0005 Aquanot 508 Battery Back-Up System
Best for LED displays: Wayne ESP25 Upgraded 12-Volt Battery Backup System
Pump Sentry Alternative Reviews 2021
WAYNE BGSP50 Guardian Premium WiFi Connected Total Basement Protection System
- Assembled in the USA, complete, pre-plumbed sump pumps for easy installation in as little as 15 minutes. Drop in the pit ready!
- Two fully submersible, nested, all cast iron, AC & DC sump pumps. Solid state air switch reads water level and automatically turns pump on when needed!
The pump sentry alternative I am reviewing today is the WAYNE BGSP50 Guardian Premium WiFi Connected Total Basement Protection System. This pump system has two pumps with one purpose- worry-free basement protection. These pumps come assembled in the USA using premium components to give you superior performance.
This pump system offers digital connectivity in a pre-assembled package that is easy to install. The pumps are all cast iron, AC & DC pumps to have an extended life span. They are also submersible, nested pumps made of cast iron to filter out dirt and debris before entering the pump. The pump cuts on automatically when needed without any input from the user. The pump also has two different power sources. One pump is an AC pump with a battery backup, and the other is a DC pump. This pump system can drain up to 11,000 gallons before it drains itself (the equivalent to what one might need in a swimming pool). The pump system also has a free app that can be used to monitor the pumps. This pump comes with two pumps, battery backup for both pumps, and pump sentry.
I would recommend this pump to anyone who has a home with a basement in it. These pumps are in the pump sentry alternative category, which means that they offer pump sentry features without being pump sentry. The pump features many different functions that can take care of your water problems. This pump is an all-in-one system that will take care of any flooding or water damage that you have. I was happy to see that this pump does not require a monthly charge and has backup batteries to be used during power outages. I also liked how it transmitted data during power outages so you could still monitor the pump.
Furthermore, the pump was straightforward to set up, only taking about 15 minutes to finish the installation. It comes with all of the required equipment you need for installation, which is nice because I had everything I needed without needing to purchase anything else along with it. Overall this pump is a pump sentry alternative that can save your water and pump problems.
– pump features many different functions
– pump is all in one system
– pump does not require any monthly charge
– pump can be used during power outages with battery backup
– pump comes with a pump sentry
– This system is slightly pricey
Raybend Primary Sump Pump Backup Power System
- Automatically switches over to battery power when AC power goes out. (A 75 Ah Deep Cycle AGM Battery is Recommended)
- Generates a Pure Sine Wave 120 VAC voltage to reliably power your primary sump pump
This pump sentry alternative is an excellent solution to keep your pump working in the event of a power outage. It will automatically switch over to battery power when the AC goes out, which means you won’t be powerless if you suffer from a power outage. It also has a powerful 10 Amp built-in charger that ensures your pump’s battery is on full charge.
The best thing about this system is that it uses pure sine wave 120 VAC voltage, so it has the same characteristics as a typical utility company that generated 120 VAC home power. It is approved by CE electrical safety standards and was tested before being released to the market, so you are guaranteed quality materials are being used with adequate safety standards.
Moreover, this pump sentry alternative can power two pumps simultaneously, and it has a powerful 10 Amp built-in charger. Not to mention, this one is an excellent choice if you are looking for alternatives that can power two pumps simultaneously.
– This product is designed to use pure sine wave 120 VAC voltage, which means it has the same characteristics as a typical utility company generated 120 VAC home power.
– It also has a powerful 10 Amp built-in charger that will make sure your pump’s battery is on full charge.
– The only downside of this pump sentry alternative is that it does not come with its battery; you need to buy one separately for it to work correctly.
Tripp Lite Power Inverter/Charger w/ Auto Transfer Switching
- 1250 watts continuous output power; up to 2500 watts instantaneous power
- Extended peak surge power handles heavy connected loads
Tripp Lite Power Inverter/Charger w/ Auto Transfer Switching is a dependable power inverter for various gadgets ranging from pump tools. In high-load circumstances, it flows to portable lights and computing devices. With no harmful emissions, gasoline, or excessive noise, It’s a fantastic option to use a synthesizer. The DC-to-AC alternator has an automated line-to-battery transmission swap and an interconnected charging station, allowing it to function as a transportation generator, stand-alone AC electricity, or prolonged UPS.
Throughout the device starting or spinning, it provides 1250W of power capacity, 1875W for approximately 1 hour, or 2500W of maximum output for 10 – 15 seconds. An automated overload monitor, a cooling blower with Resettable AC electrical systems protects the machine from harm.
Moreover, This inverter has two AC outlets. I also like that it’s compatible with other inverters because of its auto-transfer function. I also like the 1-Year limited warranty about this inverter, especially since it’s a high-value item.
– 1250 watts continuous output power; up to 2500 watts instantaneous power
– Extended peak surge power handles heavy connected loads
– Auto transfer switching option for UPS operation
– No cons found
Zoeller 508-0005 Aquanot 508 Battery Back-Up System
- 12 volt highly efficient noncorrosive pump construction
- Integrated check valve
The Zoeller 508-0005 Aquanot 508 Battery Back-Up System is a pump sentry alternative that utilizes 12-volt battery technology. It comes with an integrated pump discharge check valve compatible with all group size 27, 29, and 31 batteries. This alternative has also been designed, engineered, and assembled by Zoeller as a sump pump.
The pump came with the pump construction, pump discharge check valve, and compatible battery to ensure that it works effectively. The pump construction is made of noncorrodible polyethylene, so you don’t need to worry about corrosion and other damages. The pump discharge check valve ensures that the pump has a continuous supply of water without any stoppages. This pump is a product you should use to pump water from your basement or any other flooded area.
It’s great to know that this pump has an LCD screen that shows battery voltage and other helpful information about the system. This backup system is very durable and can be mounted anywhere in any environment, whether indoors or outdoors. The only downside to this product is that it has been discontinued. It makes me wonder if there were any problems with this pump offering that made the manufacturer quit. Overall, I would recommend this pump sentry pump to anyone looking for a backup pump system that is effective and reliable.
– Pump construction is made out of polyethylene which is noncorrodible, so you don’t need to worry about corrosion and other damages.
– Pump discharge check valve ensures that the pump has a continuous supply of water without any stoppages.
– Comes with pump construction, pump discharge check valve, and compatible battery to ensure that it works effectively.
– Includes AC pump check valve, tee, and adapter for easy installation
Wayne ESP25 Upgraded 12-Volt Battery Backup System
- Upgraded ESP25 with epoxy steel body and cast-iron base. No more plastic
- 2700 GPH at 0' provides additional protection to your primary Wayne sump pump
Wayne ESP25 Upgraded 12-Volt Battery Backup System is one of the pump sentry alternatives that you can use to save your pump from getting broken. This alternative is better because it has an epoxy coated steel body and cast iron base so that no more pump will get damaged due to plastic components inside it.
Another advantage is that the pump has a 2700 GPH at 0′, which provides additional protection against your pump. With this pump, you are also notified of issues with the pump by the audible alarm that goes off. Some easy-to-read LED displays to show backup system readiness, and protective battery case included LED display and audible alarm to let homeowners know there’s a problem.
To top it all, the pump has a corrosion-resistant thermoplastic impeller for maximum water flow. The pump is also easily installed, and any necessary battery can be purchased separately.
– Epoxy coated steel body and cast iron base
– Pump has 2700 GPH at 0′, which provides additional protection against pump
– Pump is also noted by audible alarm sound when the pump is active
– Requires a 75 amp hour battery to work effectively
THE BASEMENT WATCHDOG Model BWSP
- Pumps 2,500 GPH at 0 ft. of lift and 1,730 GPH at 10 ft. of lift
- User-friendly control panel lights up with a warning and describes what to do for easy maintenance
The pump sentry is a pump used in the pump-priming process. It consists of a pump, spool, and float switch. The pump is typically smaller than the pump that will be primed with water. The pump sentry is used to pump any air out of the pump that will be primed. Air can find its way into pumps during the priming process if not removed before the pump starts running. This causes bubbles in the water supply which can cause many problems downstream with your plumbing system.
This pump sentry alternative contains all necessary items for installation, so you have nothing to worry about when installing it. You’ll have easy access to all hoses and wires, so you can install it without struggling with anything.
It also has an easy-to-use controller that can be programmed for different pump types. Several different pump speeds are available, so you get just the right amount of pump speed for your pump.
– It can pump 2,500 gallons per hour at 0 feet of lift and 1,730 GPH at 10 feet of lift
– User-friendly control panel lights up with a warning and provides instructions to make maintenance easy
– The sensor monitors battery fluid levels for peace of mind
– The compact pump can be installed in small or narrow sump pits
– It only takes this alternative 500 hours to run out of juice if not charging.
Superior Pump 92900 12V Battery Back-Up Submersible Sump Pump
- 12 Volt Sump pump moves up to 1,380 gallons per hour, pump will lift water up to 25' of vertical height
- Tough thermoplastic construction; 10-foot cord length
The pump has strong pump performance with pump efficiency, pump reliability, pump durability, pump simplicity. It is made of rigid thermoplastic construction. The pump moves up to 1,380 gallons per hour. It will pump water up to 25′ in vertical height. Included with the pump is a tethered float switch which will automatically turn the pump on and off.
Another feature of this pump is that it can be used to install high-capacity pumping for water drainage. The Superior Pumps are Built to Last and are 100% factory tested. It is designed to secure your home during power outages or pump failures.
This pump has pump efficiency, pump reliability, pump durability, pump simplicity. It also comes with an alarm/control unit with a fuse and mute. This pump is backed by a 1-year warranty.
– The pump is made to move up to 1,380 gallons per hour with a tethered float switch that turns on and off automatically
– The Superior Pump 92900 12V Battery Back-Up Submersible Sump Pump is designed to help you secure your home during power outages or pump failures 3. pump durability
– The Superior Pumps are Built to Last and are 100% factory tested 4. pump simplicity
– Included with this particular model is an alarm/control unit with a fuse and mute
– I was not able to find any disadvantages when I researched this pump!
Bur-Cam 300403 12 Volt Battery Back-Up Sump Pump System
- Helps reduce the risk and costly repairs in case of power outage or primary sump pump failure. Pumps up to 1600 US GPH Maximum Lift of 10 Feet AUTOMATIC On - Off emergency system.
- 24 hours fast recharge
The Bur-Cam 300403 12 Volt Battery Back-Up Sump pump system is a pump that can pump out 1600 gallons of water per hour. This pump has some standard features included in the pump, such as a pump switch, float switch, check valve, and discharge with an elbow and check valve. These features will help keep the pump on track while also ensuring that there is no tank overflow.
Furthermore, the pump system includes a charger battery case, which can accept batteries up to 12 3/4′ W x 9 1/2′ H x 7 1/4′. The charger needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet for power, which will provide power for up to 24 hours of recharge time for the battery.
This pump is perfect for those who do not want to worry about their pump going out in a power outage. This pump system will ensure that your sump pump will continue doing its job and keep your basement from flooding.
Although this pump has some great features, it does fail in some areas as well. One of the most significant drawbacks to this pump is that it can be pretty loud when in use. Another major drawback for this pump is that it does not have a float pump shut off, so if the pump fails or stops working, you will need to check to make sure that everything is working correctly before using it again.
While both are significant concerns, the pump is perfect for those who do not want to worry about their pump failing. For a home with a primary pump and a backup, this pump would be a great purchase as well because if your primary pump fails, this pump will kick into gear to keep the water from flooding your basement.
– Pump can pump out 1600 gallons of water per hour
– Includes pump switch, float switch, check valve and discharge with an elbow and check valve
– Includes charger battery case that can accept batteries up to 12 3/4″ W x 9 1/2″ H x 7 1/4″, needs power from 115 VAC to 12 VDC power supply, and battery charger
– Pump is compatible with most electrical sump pump brands
– Designed for use in residential applications as an auxiliary pump for your sump pump
– Can be pretty loud when in use
– Does not have a float pump shut off, so if the pump fails or stops working, you will need to check to make sure that everything is working properly
Krieger 1500 Watts Power Inverter 12V to 110V
- 1500 Watts continuous power, 3000 Watts peak power, KR1500 modified sine wave inverter converts 12V DC to 120V AC power, connect DC battery cables directly to your 12V battery and you have power on the go
- Perfect for an Emergency, Hurricane, Storm or Outage - Our version of an all-inclusive! wired remote control, ANL inline fuse kit and 3 Ft battery cables included
Krieger 1500 Watts Power Inverter is a next-generation pump sentry alternative. It is excellent because it has a remote control that allows users to change the input voltage from 110V to 230V. This one also runs on either a fully charged battery or a regular power outlet. It is excellent because it comes with a remote control that allows the user to change the input voltage from 110V to
In addition, Krieger 1500 Watts Power Inverter has been certified by METLAB and UL under 458 and CSA C22.2 Standards for safety and performance, respectively. This product also comes with 3 ft battery cables, an ANL inline fuse kit, and a wired remote control to quickly switch the excellent input voltage. Moreover, the alternative has an LCD screen that shows input power, output wattage, and battery level indicators.
Do not just take our word for it. We offer three years warranty on parts and labor to prove that we believe in Krieger 1500 Watts Power Inverter 12V to 110V. This power inverter is one of our best alternatives on the market, and we guarantee that you will not be disappointed.
– Converts DC power from a 12-volt battery to AC power in vehicles, boats, trucks, and cars.
– This pump sentry alternative runs on either a fully charged battery or a regular power outlet.
Power Inverter Pure Sine Wave 1200Watt 12V DC to 110V 120V
- Giandel Pure Sine Wave Inverter:true rated continuous 1200Watts pure sine wave output power and 2400Watts peak power,more powerful than 1000Watt inverter ,DC 12V input,featuring 2 AC outlets and 2.1A USB port,with battery Cables
- Widely Applications:the dual 110V 120v AC outlets Provides 1200 watts continuous power for most of appliances like fans,fridge,freezer,PSP,Laptop,air compressor,DVD etc
This is the perfect pump sentry alternative if you are looking for an inverter that is more powerful than the pump sentry. The Giandel inverter has a true-rated continuous 1200Watts pure sine wave output power and 2400Watts peak power, making it more potent than the pump sentry. This pump sentry alternative also includes 2 AC outlets and 2.1A USB ports to be used with most of your appliances.
This product also has many safety features, including over-voltage, low voltage, overload, short circuit, overheat, polarity reverse protection(fuse), and soft start tech-which protect against overheating. One of the features that sets this power inverter apart from pump sentry is its remote-controlled function which allows you to operate the inverter on/off with a 15 feet cable.
This pump sentry alternative is highly durable and comes with an 18-Month Warranty with all of its features. This one has received 4 out of 5 stars from consumers who used it on Amazon.
– Can charge various electronics, including computers, tablets, and smartphones.
– It has two AC outlets and a USB port for use with your appliances.
– Easy to control the inverter ON/OFF with a remote controller included in the package.
– More potent than pump sentry as pump sentry only offers 1000Watts power output.
You can refer to how to replace and install a pump sentry alternative here.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Pump Sentry Alternative
Choosing a pump sentry alternative can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. You can choose from many options, and neither excellent nor is it the best for everyone. This article will discuss determining which pump alternative sentry suits your needs, what to look for when choosing a product, common pitfalls of picking, and how to avoid them.
The pump sentry alternative you choose should have the capabilities to perform pump sentry alerts in any pump room environment. To be effective, pump sentry alerts must consider different pump room environments – from the size of the pump rooms and type of pumps to the noise levels and pump pressures. It must also pump specific pump room noise and vibrations while still compatible with your pump room configurations.
Standard product features include pump room pressure monitoring, pump alarm points, pump vibration sensing capabilities, pump noise detection, noise filtering capabilities, and wireless pump and sensor integration.
When considering the ease of using a pump sentry alternative for your installation, determine how much time is spent doing pump sentry alerts. An option must monitor pump room conditions, scrub pump noise and pump vibrations, generate pump alarms, display pump information on pump set points, and act as an enunciator for alarm levels.
Another critical factor in choosing the alternatives is the brand of product that you prefer. There are many brands available, so finding products compatible with your pump sentry system is crucial.
Know Your Pump Sentry System Before Picking Alternatives
It’s essential to know the pump sentry system that you’re working with. Are you working with 3 or 4 wire pump sentry? Does your pump sentry system pump pressure and flow, or just pump flow? Knowing the pump sentry system, you’re working with will narrow your alternative search to be more efficient.
FAQs about Pump Sentry Alternative
Is pump sentry alternative strong?
Yes, the pump sentry alternative should last for at least five years. Besides, the product is designed to be very strong. You’ll find that it will work better in many applications with less skill and effort on your part.
One of the significant benefits of this one is that you don’t have to mix the chemicals yourself – they’re already mixed for you! Another benefit is that you get a safer way of protecting your pump by buying a ready-made formula than mixing ingredients yourself and having an accident due to incorrect measurements or shoddy storage techniques. Overall, it saves you time which we all know we could use more of these days!
Are there any drawbacks to the pump sentry alternative?
It is solid and long-lasting. It also saves time and money for buyers. There are no drawbacks to the alternative. It’s a surprisingly safe and easy way to protect your pump.
Moreover, it’s very safe to use. The ingredients are FDA-approved and won’t harm you in any way when used correctly. Besides, the product does not hurt your skin or eyes when you get near it – even if it splashes on you! What’s more, it’s a beneficial and perfect way of protecting your pump without hurting the environment and your wallet at the same time.
How durable is the pump sentry alternative?
The durability of a sentry replacement pump is determined by each person’s usage and maintenance.
However, the durability of the pump-sentry alternative is the longest that ensures that you will never need to deal with another broken pump again. It can stay in your store for about five years and does not hurt the environment when it is used.
It does not hurt your skin or eyes even if it gets on you or spills on you, which is lovely for people using bleach mix with their pumps before they realize there was an easier way to avoid hazards like this one. Lastly, the price range is comparable to most brands of accelerant treatments (between $150-$400).
To sum up, there are no disadvantages in buying this product because all points taken into consideration during the purchase, the alternatives are a great product to purchase and helps you save time, money and energy.
Pump sentries can be a little bit pricey, so why not try something different? You might find one of these pump sentry alternative items to be just the thing your home needs! We’ve got ten alternatives that may work for you.
Pump Sentry is a product that can be used to replace and fix broken pumps. It’s risk-free, easy to install, and comes with a warranty if the customer isn’t satisfied. The best thing about it? You don’t have to drill or modify your existing equipment! If you want to make sure your pump lasts for years without breaking down again, Pump Sentry might be what you’re looking for!