Hi Vis jacket is a garment designed with safety in mind for workers working in low light or bad weather. The jacket is made of light-catching material that is inlaid in several places on the outfit. This property allows us to avoid unfortunate accidents. Hi Vis jackets are considered the most basic personal protective equipment for firefighters, railway workers, and environmental sanitation workers. Let’s take a look at the top 10 best hi vis waterproof jackets below.
Below you will find ten lists of the best hi vis waterproof jacket that will help you in choosing the raincoats to wear on rainy days. Keep reading IPR to keep up with beauty trends for the best hi vis waterproof jacket in 2021.
Best Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket Comparison 2021
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the Best Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- Waterproof / breathable laminate outer fabric is fully seam sealed
- Two waterproof zippered direct core ventilation vents on upper torso
- Rain jacket with adjustable, attached hood with E-Z Push cord locks
- Zippered side pockets
- WATERPROOF AND RUGGED – 300D oxford polyester outer shell
- BREATHABLE COATING – Durable and breathable PU coating
- Meets stringent ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 Class 3 level 2 standards, used where personal visibility is the highest priority, or in conditions where visibility is heavily compromised
- Made with a high performance blend of waterproof and wind resistant Polyurethane coating on a 150D Polyester outer shell, and a Polyester inner mesh liner
- 100% Polyester
- Material, range, and sizing: extra long Raincoat made from 100% polyester (PVC coated). available in Standout Yellow (s-6xl).
- PROPER FIT, PROPER PERFORMANCE: Correct fit is essential for proper performance; that is why we make a size chart available (located in on images) to ensure that our customers find the right size for them. Size charts are available in both inches and centimeters measurements to maximize accuracy. We highly recommend using your shirt size as a reference. If you have any other questions or need assistance, feel free to contact us directly. We are always happy to help!
- FEATURE FILLED SAFETY RAIN COAT: Not only is our KwikSafety TORRENT Safety Trench Coat, its 100% PVC material makes it Lightweight, Waterproof and Windproof. The Safety Trench Coat has a heavy duty zipper, button snap front closures and durable webbing reinforcements. The exterior features a comfortable hideaway hoodie and adjustable Velcro cuffs. 3 pockets are located on the exterior of the safety rain jacket to provide maximum storage and security of your items while on the job.
- 100% Waterproof and windproof
- 2" Vi-brance reflective tape and 300 Denier Trilobal ripstop polyester with PU backing provides abrasion, puncture, rip and snag resistance
- Carhartt Company Gear Collection
- 250 denier, 100% polyester shell with water-repellent finish
- ⭐ LARGE FITS DOGS 61 LBS TO 100 LBS - Top of Shoulders/Base of Neck Measuring a Diameter 21.75" - 27.0"; Chest Measuring a Diameter 27.5" - 36.75"
- ⭐ LUXURIOUS SOFT-SHELL FABRIC - Waterproof, high visibility, soft-shell polyester nylon blend for durability and comfort.
- Carhartt Company Gear Collection
- 250-denier, 100% polyester shell with water-repellent finish
Top 10 Best Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket Reviews 2021
RefrigiWear Hi-vis Extreme Soft-shell
- ANSI CLASS 3 / CSA Z96 COMPLIANT: Stay safe in low visibility environments with this jacket featuring high-visibility colors, X-Back safety feature to indicate facing direction, and stitchless, heat-bonded 2" Silver reflective tape for added durability
- STAY WARM: Built to keep you warm with a comfort rating down to -60°F, this is the ultimate HIVIS winter jacket. Stay toasty and dry, inside and out with the breathable, water-repellent softshell exterior that allows sweat to evaporate instead of getting trapped inside and making you colder.
The RefrigiWear Extreme’s outer layer is made from a particularly supple soft fabric that makes it far more versatile than other products.
Jackets are created to protect the safety and ensure comfort during the work of workers. A unique feature of this shirt is the zip fastening with a storm cap attached to the top. If you’re in a big storm, those attached storm flaps won’t let water get into your jacket. The jacket has elastic hems and elasticated cuffs to prevent moisture from getting into the jacket. However, there is a small problem that the cuffs do not have an adjustment feature.
The collar is made of fleece combined with a diamond inner lining to help keep you warm in cold weather. The jacket is designed with a hat so you can cover your head from the wind when it gets cold or from the sun.
This jacket has a lot of pockets. The chest pocket is designed to hold your phone, but it’s not water-resistant. Besides, this jacket is also equipped with an inner pocket to hold some working tools such as pens and rulers.
The jacket is equipped with a crisscrossed silver luminous lining that traps heat, and most importantly, the RefrigiWear Extreme can release more than half a kilogram of insulation energy. In addition, the jacket is equipped with a waterproof pocket.
- The outer shell is waterproof, the inner shell is made of microfiber fleece
- Capable of evaporation thanks to a breathable outer shell
- Front dual zipper system
- The zipper is easily damaged
Carhartt Waterproof Class 3
- Carhartt Company Gear Collection
- 250 denier, 100% polyester shell with water-repellent finish
Carhartt’s Sherwood Class 3 waterproof jacket is a great choice for those who work on construction sites or in harsh conditions.
The exterior of this jacket is made of polyester, and the materials make it waterproof and stain-resistant.
It has a quilted lining and cotton fabric on the inside that helps keep the wearer warm throughout. Plus, the sleeves feature convenient openings and storm-resistant cuffs.
Reflective bands are built into the jacket’s design, making it visible in low visibility conditions.
- The product is made of 250 denver. The shell is made entirely of 100% polyester.
- Durable waterproof – water particles rise and roll-up
- Extremely effective against stains
- The duvet lining is made from pure polyester
- Not at all
Majestic 75-1301 High Visibility Bomber Jacket
- High visibility yellow bomber with removable black fleece liner
- PU coated polyester with fully taped seams and concealed detachable hood
This is a waterproof jacket of the Majestic brand that is made of polyester and uses PU paint to cover the outside. This design highlights that the seams are glued with an extra layer to prevent water absorption. Naturally, this jacket has a fleece lining to keep warm in winter.
This is a relatively stylish and fashionable jacket but still retains the original design of the bomber jacket.
The stretchy ribbed material used for the wrists and waist helps the cold out while keeping the heat inside. Along with that, another notable feature is its head blanket.
- Removable black fleece lining
- Wrists, collar, and waist are equipped with elastic ribbed for highly effective water resistance.
- The jacket is equipped with an outer cross-cut pocket, an interior pocket, and a cell phone pocket.
- Elastic tendons are easily damaged
Tingley Rubber J26112 Bomber II Jacket
- Ansi/Isea 107 Class 3 Compliant, 100% Waterproof, Jacket For High Visibility
- Fluorescent Background Material For Excellent Daytime Visibility; 2" Silver Reflective Tape Reflects Light For 360Degree Nighttime Conspicuity
Tingley Rubber is a brand specializing in protective clothing for both women and men. This jacket is, as the name suggests, designed in the form of a bomber jacket.
The outer shell is made of brushed polyester fabric. The interior is made of quilted polyester for warmth in cold weather. It is also waterproof.
There is enough reflective material on the jacket and the fluorescent color to make it easy to see.
- 100% waterproof, jacket for high visibility
- Quilted polyester lining for warmth and comfort
- Slash Front Pocket With Closure; Left chest radio pocket with flap
- Not at all
Charles River Apparel Men’s Signal Hi-vis
- Wind and waterproof heavyweight oxford polyester, anti-pill black fleece lining
- Two inch high 3m scotch lite reflective material on front, back and arms
New England-based Charles River is the brand that created the Hi-vis Waterproof jacket that is highly fashionable and also works extremely well on cold days.
To maximize visibility, this jacket uses 3M Scotchlite reflective material. Additionally, stretchy elastomer material is used in the hem and cuffs to help keep calm and dissipate heat.
It is made of oxford polyester, which makes it water and wind-resistant. Features a rotting-resistant black fleece lining to keep you warm and cozy in cold weather. You can choose from three different colors – lime green, royal blue, and black.
- The jacket is made of heavy-duty polyester oxford, so it is an extremely cold wind and water-resistant
- 2 inch 3m high scotch lite reflective material on arms, back, and front
- Side seam zipper allows ventilation and access to your belt or mission bag
- Radio is equipped on the shoulder for work
- Not at all
Ergodyne GloWear 8377
- WIND + WATER RESISTANT – 300D oxford polyester outer shell + PU coating resists wind and water to keep you dry
- 160g INSULATION – Body and sleeves are lined with 160g thermal quilted insulation for warmth without the extra bulk
The Ergodyne Glowear High Visibility Thermal Bomber Jacket is a great option to buy when it’s cold and windy. Its outer shell is made of 300 denier oxford polyester.
It is sturdy and can resist water and wind due to its PU coating. It is available in two colors – lime and orange, which makes it highly visible and is further magnified by its 2-inch reflective tapes.
Having light insulation in the jacket is one of its most impressive features. Plus, quilted insulation provides all-day warmth while also being breathable.
- Good resistance to water and wind
- Good insulation
- Equipped with many bags and accessories
- Not durable
Portwest PW3 Hi-Vis Winter Jacket T400
- CE certified
- Waterproof with taped seams preventing water penetration
The Utility Pro Premium Waterproof Bomber Jacket is an excellent product for winter and other seasons. It complies with OSHA guidelines for workwear and safety.
As far as its visibility is concerned, there is no worry because it comes in a bright yellow shade that can be spotted from miles away. This jacket is made of polyester, so it is very comfortable and lightweight.
It is also very convenient to wear in many seasons as it has a removable lining plus features a fleece lining collar. It can repel both dirt and water thanks to the DuPont Teflon fabric protection feature.
- Optimum high reflectivity.
- Versatile Fleece Design For Bad Weather Conditions.
- The shirt has a high water resistance feature, keeping the wearer dry
- Hot in the summer
- Class 3 Black Bottom Bomber Jacket, with 2" Silver Reflective Tape, Zipper Closure with inside storm flap, and Convenient Roll-Away Hood with drawstring
- Made with ANSI 107 100% Polyester 300 Denier Oxford with PU coating - Waterproof with Sealed Seams to keep you dry.
This is the only jacket on this list that doesn’t come in orange, yellow or gray for all body of the jacket but instead comes in a deep dark color for the half below of the jacket, which doesn’t sound ideal.
This color tone is not suitable for reflection because the kind of color will be submerged during the day due to sunlight. However, this jacket with this reflective strip works exceptionally well at night. The dark tone is relatively prominent for working in the dark.
This jacket is of great quality and is especially great for riding in the rain. It is made of polyurethane and polyester with extremely good weather resistance. It has a quilted lining that gives you maximum comfort even in the harshest weather conditions.
The jacket’s cuffs and waist are made of high-quality elastic, giving it the fashionable look of a bomber jacket. There is a 2-inch reflective material integrated into the jacket, providing visibility to the naked eye from quite a distance.
The 100% polyester fabric is coated for water repellency, and additionally, the seams are taped to exclude water seepage. The heavy-duty zipper is 2-way and protected by a rhinestone storm shield, so water doesn’t get between the zipper’s teeth. The jacket has a hood, so you can hide it in dry weather or use it during wet or cold shifts at work.
Two very large pockets on the outside have room for any tools or materials you need to carry with you, and the outer flap keeps water out of the bag. The jacket has an extra external pocket for your phone, pens, or ID badge.
No matter what type of jacket you choose, a hi vis jacket is a must-have for any outdoor security job. If you are working during the day, make sure you select fluorescent materials with vibrant colors.
If you are working at night, prioritize reflective strips. If you’re working with the line between the dark and light times of the day, be sure to buy a jacket that has both. The hood, deep pockets, and rain cover will keep you and your gear warm and dry. You deserve comfort during long shifts, and these high visibility vests will keep you safe, too.
- Products meet all the highest safety standards of the industry
- Equip enough protective gear for the job
- Functional optimization at the highest level
- The jacket is relatively bulky
New York Hi-Viz Workwear H9012
- ANSI Class 3
- 100% polyester
New York Hi-Viz is a shirt made extremely light, you can wear it all day without feeling hot or tired.
This shirt is equipped with two reflective 2-inch tapes that make it easy for others to see if they have to walk in the dark.
New York is made from 100% polyester to increase the life and durability of the shirt. The inner material is made of fleece to help keep the wearer warm in winter. The waterproof ability of this shirt is extremely outstanding, so it would be ideal for wearing this shirt in the rainy season.
- 100% polyester
- 2 inch wide silver reflective stripe
- Not durable
UHV425 Jacket Utility Pro Wear Full-Zip Hooded
- ANSI Class 3 Men's high visibility full zip soft shell, polyamide fabric infused with DuPont Teflon fabric protector
- Hooded, elastic cuffs and waist
Utility Pro Wear is a brand that is extremely well known for its high-end work devices that they have provided to thousands of businesses over the years. However, few people know that this brand is also involved in the waterproof jacket industry thấm
UHV425 Jacket is a jacket product of Utility Pro Wear, a felt jacket with a hood and reflective tape on the outside. It uses a DuPont Teflon fabric protector that ensures its durability. There is also a hood that can help protect you from the rain.
- Soft sweatshirt with full zip
- Not so many features
Buyer Guides For Buying Best Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket
To ensure the best work safety, a standard Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket is essential because this affects the health and risks of workers.
Let’s learn some criteria to evaluate to be able to choose a quality Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket.
Working Principle Of Hi Vis Jacket
Use The Principle Of Reflection
The production of reflective fabric uses the principle of retroreflection. Reflective fabric is made of rough cloth, adhesive, and micro-glass beads. And a wide range of processing technologies including coatings, composites, and processing methods such as hot pressing, are required.
The micro-glass beads for the production of reflective fabric and silver are half coated with aluminum to improve reflectivity significantly. Highly reflective glass beads coated on the fabric’s surface by only reflecting light to a light source, such as a car’s headlights. In other words, reflective tape only lights up for the person who has the light source or is suitable for it. This happens because the ice contains glass beads that act as a prism that collects light, focuses it, and returns it to the source.
Material Hot Pressing Treatment
How does it do this? Imagine that you are in a circular room, and you are in the middle of the room. If you throw a ball towards the wall, it will always come back to you. Reflective fabric or reflective tape works in a similar way.
Because very little light is scattered when the light is bounced, retro-reflective fabric or tape appears brightest to an observer located near the original light source. Therefore, it can help the eye perceive light in low light conditions. Normally, people wearing clothes with reflective fabrics can be seen by people driving hundreds of meters away in the dark, which can certainly avoid traffic accidents.
The Importance Of Hi Vis Jacket
Although similar in construction to a jacket, these hi vis shirts are extremely effective. Protective vests help workers feel more secure when working in low-light environments, reducing unwanted accidents.
The fur in the coat gives workers comfort and warmth when working in the cold winter for a long time, ensuring their working capacity is always kept at the best level. Moreover, these products are extremely compact and convenient to use. Carrying or storing is also very convenient for users.
A reflective protective vest is an essential defensive item in many fields such as railways, roads, construction sites, airports, seaports, piers, shipyards, rescue, firefighting, and emergency services. In addition, those who have to work in an environment with bad weather conditions and limited visibility also need this item to complete the job well.
How To Choose The Best Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket?
Design And Material
Ready-made reflective jackets must meet the ability to absorb and release heat, ensure visibility and utilities to help the wearer easily carry more tools for work. Therefore, the reflective shirt must be sewn with good fabric, not wrinkled, with high sweat absorption, not ruffled, colorless, and the fabric must be thick to withstand the impact of external forces, easy to wash. Most reflective vests are made of khaki fabric, the main colors of ready-made reflective jackets such as orange, yellow, red, blue.
The reflective vest is also sewn with a reflective part that can be gray, luminous blue, and yellow in parallel with the main colors. This reflective part is an important part, so please pay attention to check carefully, which is usually sewn with reflective material of 3M company, this is a famous American company for protective and deliberative tools. But not all reflective vests are sewn with this material, so please check if the light reflectivity of this reflective part is good or not? Is it far enough, prominent enough for others to notice?
As for the jacket’s design, let’s see if the reflective parts of the shirt are adequately sewn or not?! Is the reflective part large enough to attract the attention of others?
Next, let’s check if the pocket designs on the shirt meet your needs ?! For jobs requiring you to carry items regularly, you should choose reflective protective work jackets equipped with many large, sturdy pockets and pockets.
After checking the above parts, turn the shirt inside out and check the seams and overlocks to see if they are really tight, seamless, and solid or not? The needles and stitches greatly determine the durability of the ready-made reflective jacket.
Material Suitable For The Weather
To choose the best Hi Vis Waterproof Jackets, the most important factor you need to determine is the nature of the working environment. In summer, your job often does not come into contact with water and makes you sweat a lot; the workwear with elastic and cool fabric will be the best choice for you. On the contrary, if you work in wet places such as tunnels, pits, or waterlogged places, you should choose clothes with good waterproofing ability. These reflective clothes will also help you withstand the harsh cold weather thanks to their excellent wind resistance in winter.
Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket Must Be Safe & Sturdy
Since the reflective vest must provide protection, the durability and sturdiness of the garment are the first requirements that the protective clothing must meet. Because of this position, the fabric used for sewing must be thick, especially for some specific industries such as construction, mechanics, mining, etc. The requirements for the durability of workwear are even higher. Therefore, for most businesses operating in the above fields, the selection of a supplier of workwear uniforms is even more stringent.
Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket Must Be Comfortable & Confident When Wearing
Any outfit has that requirement. However, due to the characteristics of the fabric of the workwear uniform, it is more difficult to ensure the wearer’s comfort than other clothing. So the evaluation criteria also slightly changed to match this type of clothing. The basic requirements are: the fabric is absorbent, has good heat dissipation, and is easy to operate with hands and feet. Therefore, you often see that the sleeves and pants are usually large, wide, with many pockets and accessories to make it easy to carry work accessories (such as pens, pens, wrenches, wrenches, screws).
To find and buy good quality hi vis jacket, we first need to determine where we are going to buy goods; whether that selling address is reputable or not, we can go to review pages or ask friends and relatives who know this type of jacket.
Please check the label, the origin of the goods before buying, and choose the precise and verified source places.
How To Clean And Preserve Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket
When washing a hi vis jacket, you should not use hot water to wash it because such a high temperature will easily make the shirt expand quickly, affecting its original shape and size when worn. The fabric will be prone to flaking, not having the desired durability.
+ It will be better if you use some salt sprinkled on the shirt, rub it lightly, and then use soap to rewash it. Using salt to wash will help stains and sweat be removed much faster and more effectively than conventional washing.
+ Do not use bleach to wash because it will make the reflective strip on the shirt fade faster and also be prone to peeling and abrasion.
+ If the hi vis jacket has reflective stains, you should soak the clothes in cold water for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then use toothpaste to rub a little on the stain, rub gently and finally wash with soap as usual and rinse with water.
+ In addition, you can also use a brush to scrub away stubborn stains, but you should pay attention to choose soft brushes to wash protective clothing and make sure not to rub too hard.
+ When drying clothes: You can dry in direct sunlight, but it is best not to leave them in the sun for too long when the shirt is dry.
+When using an iron: If possible, you should not wear a reflective vest or, if you are, you should avoid exposing it to excessive heat, especially not directly on the reflective strip because it will easily peel off, scratches and high temperatures will easily cause the shirt to heat and melt (especially for mesh fabrics).
Conclusion: Our Pick For Best Hi Vis Waterproof Jacket
Buying the best hi vis waterproof jacket that meets your needs is not too difficult. There are many things about the best hi vis waterproof jacket for you to learn; however, they will be a little tricky and become a bit of a challenge for you the first time around.
If you want to know a little more information about the different choices, you can consult the five best hi vis waterproof jacket, in my opinion. You can go back to our list of the best hi vis waterproof jacket and discover the one that suits your favorites.
And one last thing before I finish:
I hope this guide has helped you feel easier in choosing the best hi vis waterproof jacket. Currently, on the market, there are relatively many hi vis jackets with many different designs and quality. Therefore, customers should consider some of the above notes to choose a quality and durable hi vis jacket to save costs while still ensuring the quality standards of the jacket. If you would like to comment or request more information, please use my contact form to get in touch.